I like to believe that we were friends in the pre-existence. You know when an elderly couple has spent 60 years together and one of the two passes away? It doesn't seem long before the other one goes.
It seems as though Katie and I have done the opposite. We started out together, just 6 weeks apart. I think it was only 6 weeks because we couldn't stand to not be with one another.
We've literally grown up together.
From Kindergarten...
...to Weddings.We were blessed to live just across a park from each other. Each grade in elementary school, we had the same teacher. Once we got to middle school, we only saw each other at break and lunch but that was OK. After our 6th grade year, she moved to Southern California and I thought my life was over. What would I do without my best friend?! My fear was that we'd not talk as much, rarely see each other and our 12 years of friendship would fizzle out.
Thank goodness, I was wrong!
After 14 years of not living across the park from each other, we're still best friends. A state or a country can't come between Katie May and I.
1 comment:
Okay, now I'm crying! I'm so grateful to have you as a best friend! I love that kindergarten picture of us because I still feel the same way now as I did then! I love you, Kimi!
Plus, I think you're right: We MUST have been buds in the pre-existence.
Post a Comment